Monday, December 6, 2010

Elliana Belen

D Day!

I had no idea what to expect or if I would even know if/when my water would break. I was assuming it would happen in some random public place with lots of people
perhaps, and I would have to run out backwards with a towel wrapped around me like a huge diaper. (We actually kept a towel in the car for that very purpose.) Fortunately, that was not the way God had planned it for me.

It was the night before her due date. I was in a not-so-good mood. I had been having mild contractions for several days "false labor" and
being the drama queen that I am, I had concluded that she was never going to come. So, I went to bed early.
I awoke around 11p.m.because I thought I need
ed to use the restroom--I was used to doing that as all you pregnant women know. But before I could get out of bed I felt something "release" and water run down my leg. No, I had not wet the bed. This was different. It had begun.

Adam, half awake, encouraged me to go back to sleep (Really??), that it would be awhile till I really started having contractions. WRONG!!! Within 10 minutes I was curled up in the fetal position squeezing the pillow and wanting to slap Eve for ever eating that stupid apple in the garden!
Soon I was having 3 contractions in 8 min. and we were off to the hospital. However, Adam wanted to return the movie we rented first to avoid late fees--Ok, shall I say priorities were in question?

F
rom water breaking to our little princess making her debut in all her glory was 12 and a half hours with pushing for only 10 minutes. I actually fell asleep during my transition time due to the epideral. I awoke to the doctor and nurses telling me to push. Thank you Jesus for such a blessed delivery!


8lbs 0.5oz. 19.5 inches. Born at 12:01 p.m.

Adam's parents drove all night from Mckinney and got there in plenty of time. My parents and Michael joined them. Heath and Lindsey, Adam's brother and wife, were able to come by the hospital briefly too.


It all happened so fast. All those months of waiting were over and now our little angel was in our arms at last.



1 comment:

  1. Hey Adam & Laura! We just got your sweet Christmas card/baby announcement in the mail! What a precious baby girl! Look forward to getting Hines updates through your blog!

    ReplyDelete